Connect with us

Sports

Prosecutors appeal decision suppressing video in Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s prostitution case – CNN

Florida prosecutors pushed a state appeals court on Tuesday to overturn last year’s decision suppressing video of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft inside a massage parlor.

Published

on

post featured image

Sports

Racing Point and Renault Formula One teams at war over cheating claims – Wide World of Sports

How Ricciardo stands to gain from official protest

Published

on

A war of words has erupted between the Racing Point and Renault Formula One teams, following accusations of cheating at the Styrian Grand Prix.
Renault has protested the results of Sunday’s race, claiming the Racing Point is a copy of last year’s all-conquering Mercedes, which took Lewis Hamilton to the world title.
Stewards ruled the protest was admissible, with the sport’s governing body seizing the brake ducts on the Racing Point for comparison with the 2019 Mercedes.
If the Racing Point cars are excluded, Renault’s Daniel Ricciardo would move from eighth place to sixth in the final results.
“BWT Racing Point F1 Team is extremely disappointed to see its results in the Styrian Grand Prix questioned by what it considers to be a misconceived and poorly informed protest,” the team said in a statement.
“Any and all suggestion of wrongdoing is firmly rejected and the team will take all steps necessary to ensure the correct application of the regulations to the facts.
Daniel Ricciardo’s Renault leads Lance Stroll in the Racing Point during the Styrian Grand Prix. (Getty)
“Prior to the start of the season, the team co-operated with the FIA and satisfactorily addressed all questions regarding the origins of the designs of the RP20.
“The team is confident that the protest will be dismissed once it has presented its response.”
While this is the first time a formal protest has been lodged, there’s been whispers for months over the similarities between the Racing Point and the 2019 Mercedes, to the extent the car was nicknamed the ‘Pink Mercedes’ earlier in the year.
Sergio Perez in the Racing Point. (Getty)
The sport’s rules set out a list of components that each team must design themselves, which includes the brake ducts. Mercedes already supplied Racing Point with its engine and gearbox.
Racing Point maintains it has simply copied the Mercedes design after studying photographs of last year’s car, and this was done without access to Mercedes design documents.
The case is likely to hinge on the internal design of the brake ducts, which would not be visible in photographs, and therefore any similarity would likely be the result of shared intellectual property.
The 2019 Mercedes, which Renault alleges shares intellectual property with the 2020 Racing Point. (AP)
Racing Point finished seventh in last year’s Constructors’ Championship, however after the Styrian Grand Prix, driver Lance Stroll said the team had taken a big step forward in 2020.
“I really believe today we had, debatably, the second quickest car, maybe third, but we were definitely quicker than Renault, McLaren and a lot of other of our competitors. So that was really positive,” Stroll told Sky Sports F1.
Stroll finished seventh on Sunday after retiring from the previous week’s race, while teammate Sergio Perez has finished sixth in both races so far this season. 
A date is yet to be set for the FIA to hear the protest.

Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Sports

‘Got invited’: Instagram model sparks NBA bubble controversy – Yahoo Sport Australia

Anna Mya claims an unnamed player invited her to visit him in the NBA’s quarantine bubble.

Published

on

post featured image

Two players have already broken the NBAs strict quarantine bubble conditions, while an Instagram model claims to have received an invite by an unnamed star.
Houston Rockets forward Bruno Caboclo and Sacramento Kings centre Richaun Holmes broke quarantine at the NBAs Disney World complex near Orlando and have been ordered to self-quarantine in their hotel room 10 days before resuming team activities.
SCARY: Aussie NBA star rocked by wife’s positive test
NOT A FAN: NBA star wears hazmat suit to bubble
The news comes on the same day that Houston Rockets guard Russell Westbrook announced on social media that he had tested positive for the virus and was in quarantine.
Holmes posted a statement on his Twitter feed that read: “After the initial quarantine period, I briefly and accidentally crossed the NBA campus line to pick up a food delivery.
I am currently in quarantine and have eight days left. I apologise for my actions and look forward to joining my teammates for our playoff push.
Caboclo inadvertently left his room during the self-quarantine period upon arrival at the Grand Floridian last week, multiple media outlets reported.
The NBA mandated personnel to stay in their rooms last week until testing negative for COVID-19 each of the two days immediately after their arrival, with the policy attempting to ensure that everyone who enters the bubble is free of the virus before they can interact with others.
As recently as Sunday, the Rockets believed that Westbrook and James Harden – neither of whom travelled with the team to Disney World last week – would be with the team in the next few days.
In Westbrook’s case, that now seems most unlikely.
I tested positive for covid-19 prior to my teams departure to Orlando, Westbrook wrote on his Instagram page.
I’m currently feeling well, quarantined, and looking forward to rejoining my teammates when I am cleared.
Russell Westbrook in action for the Houston Rockets. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)
More
Meanwhile, Instagram model Anna Mya claims to have received an invite from a player into the NBA bubble.
I already got invited to the bubble, Mya tweeted. Yea the season definitely ending early.
After a flurry of replies Mya denied there was anything untoward going on, claiming she might take up the invitation when visitors are allowed.
People calling me a snitch like its not known that they can have visitors in like 5 weeks, she tweeted.
Wow yall are gonna get me uninvited now.
Yall keep saying Im going to fumble the bag. Me & him are laughing at this sh*t right now.
Players are not allowed to have guests (including family) in the bubble until the second round of the playoffs – about six weeks away.
That fact led Stephen A. Smith to question how players will survive without being able to have sex.
Do we really think the recreational activities that these guys are accustomed to are going to be compromised for three months? Smith asked on ESPNs First Take.
I mean, somebodys gotta say it.
You really, really think somebodys gonna be without their wives or their woman? The guys that are married without their wives, the guys that aint married without their woman.
You really, really think theyre honouring a bubble for three months?
When it was pointed out that the players can see their families after the first month, Smith said they wouldnt last three weeks let alone three months.
with agencies

Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Sports

Maguire swings the axe as Tigers star Brooks pays price for missing whopping NINE tackles – Fox Sports

WESTS Tigers halfback Luke Brooks has been axed in favour of Billy Walters and Benji Marshall in the halves as coach Michael Maguire continues his hard line stance on selecting the team on form.

Published

on

post featured image

The Tigers return to one of their spiritual homes at Leichhardt Oval on Friday night to host the Broncos with local junior Brooks dropped after a poor performance in the loss to South Sydney in round nine.
Brooks missed nine tackles according to the Fox Sports Lab, a statistic which would have left coach Maguire fuming.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Round 10
NRL DAILY BLOG: All the latest updates from the coronavirus pandemic
Michael Maguire has made another ruthless selection callSource: Getty Images
With Josh Reynolds suspended, Maguire has instead opted to return Benji Marshall to the Tigers right edge with Walters to play on the Tigers left side in place of Brooks.
The Walters development comes after the Canberra Raiders signalled an interest in signing the Tigers utility following a season-ending injury to Josh Hodgson.
Tigers coach Maguire has long maintained he will select the side based on form and also players being strong defenders.
MORE BULLDOGS NEWS
FINAL STRAW: What pushed frustrated Dean Pay to quit the toxic Bulldogs
FALL GUY: Pay handed s*** sandwich as Barrett move labelled absurdly stupid
DOGS REINSTATED: Three rivals circle sacked star after shock decision
Fifita worth the price tag?
2:39
This was the reason why Kiwi Test five-eighth Marshall was originally dropped after the Tigers round four loss to the Gold Coast.
Marshall featured on the bench last week against South Sydney but has since been rushed back into the Tigers starting side.
Brooks is expected to be named on an extended bench.

Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Trending